The Help & Hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you wish to report a concern, possible regulatory issue, or USC policy violation and feel comfortable doing so, bring the question or matter to the attention of your supervisor, chair, or dean directly. Or you may report your concern by calling the USC Help and Hotline at (213) 740-2500 or (800) 348-7454; or by clicking here or going to https://app.mycompliancereport.com/report?cid=UOSC to file a report over the web.
- While it is preferable to identify yourself so the information can be investigated thoroughly and promptly, you also may report anonymously if you feel more comfortable doing so.
- Reports to the Help and Hotline are kept confidential, to the maximum extent possible.
- Calls are not recorded, nor can they be traced back to the caller.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against employees who provide confidential information in good faith regarding possible illegal activities in the workplace.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against an employee for refusing to participate in an activity that would result in a violation of a state or federal statute, or a violation or noncompliance with a state or federal rule or regulation.
The Attorney General’s Office for the State of California also has a hotline that may be reached at (800) 952-5225.