The Office of Institutional Accessibility, ADA Compliance (OIA) provides strategic leadership to ensure USC programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities. As part of this charge, OIA oversees efforts to ensure equitable access and full participation for individuals with disabilities in all USC programs and services. In its work to support USC’s compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related federal and state laws, OIA works closely with units on initiatives throughout USC, including, but not limited to:
- Disability Services and Programs, the campus unit that serves students with disabilities.
- The Interactive Process Center of Excellence, which supports employees with disabilities, their managers, and HR Partners to determine and implement reasonable accommodations in the workplace
- Campus units on matters as diverse as Digital/EIT Accessibility, Ongoing Barrier Removal, Path of Travel Obligations, and access to USC athletic, cultural, and other events.
- Graduate and Undergraduate Student Government, to support their efforts representing students with disabilities.
As part of its charge, OIA is available to provide training, consultation, information, and appropriate referrals for disability-related issues. The office also actively participates in numerous campus-wide committees that focus on Equity and Inclusion issues.
The Office of Institutional Accessibility and ADA Compliance Team
Disability Accommodation Manager
Samantha Lynch Johnson
Electronic Information Technology (EIT) Accessibility Coordinator
Disability Accommodation Coordinator
Who Should I Contact
To request employee accommodations:
To request student accommodations:
To request accommodations as a visitor/attendee of a USC event:
- Please contact the department hosting the event
- OIA consultations available for departments hosting events through Stacey Hearn, Deputy ADA/504 Coordinator
To report an ADA/504 barrier at USC or file an ADA/504 grievance:
- Zarita Abbott
To report an emergency facility barrier, contact Facilities Management Services:
To learn about Transportation and Parking:
- USC Transportation at University Park Campus
- USC Parking – Handicap Access
- Disabled Access to Road Transportation (DART)
To report incidents of harassment and/or discrimination in the workplace, code of conduct breaches, or unprofessional conduct:
To report incidents of harassment and/or discrimination based on a protected class: