USC Office of Compliance

Who Is Traveling?

Faculty/Staff:  USC faculty and staff who are traveling internationally should purchase commercial transportation using a USC Travel Card or with a USC Contract Travel Agency.  Doing so provides supplemental insurance coverage, allows USC to track the whereabouts of business travelers in case of emergency, and facilitates return travel.  Please visit for more detail.  Faculty/staff performing research should also notify their Research Dean in instances where they intend to travel to countries with Travel Warnings.

Students:  All USC sponsored or affiliated student international travel must adhere to USC's Policy for Student-Led International Travel (  This includes travel: (1) under the specific direction of a University school or department; (2) initiated by a student-led organization affiliated with USC; and (3) travel in connection with an individual faculty member's academic or research activity.  The policy addresses USC Health Insurance for student travelers, release forms, required health and safety information, and pre-trip orientations and preparation.  All instances of student travel to countries for which the State Department has issued a Travel Warning require USC Student Affairs and Provost approval.  Please contact Student Support and Advocacy in USC Student Affairs for assistance. (