The Help & Hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you wish to report a violation and feel comfortable doing so, bring the question or matter to the attention of your supervisor, chair or dean directly:
- By calling the USC Help and Hotline at (213) 740-2500 or (800) 348-7454; or by clicking here or going to www.mycompliancereport.com to file a report over the web.
- While it is preferable to identify yourself so the information can be investigated thoroughly and promptly, you also may report anonymously if you feel more comfortable doing so.
- Reports to the Help and Hotline are kept confidential, to the maximum extent possible.
- Calls are not recorded, nor can they be traced back to the caller.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against employees who provide confidential information in good faith regarding possible illegal activities in the workplace.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against an employee for refusing to participate in an activity that would result in a violation of a state or federal statute, or a violation or noncompliance with a state or federal rule or regulation.
The Attorney General’s Office for the State of California also has a hotline that may be reached at (800) 952-5225.